Okra is one of the few vegetable crops that grow nicely in Florida in summer.  At home we call this “okra popcorn” because it is so crispy and delicious!

Yield: 4 servings

1 Tbsp. olive oil
2½ cups sliced okra (½-inch rounds)
¼ cup cornmeal
½ tsp. dried basil
¼ tsp. salt.

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a shallow baking dish with the olive oil and set aside.
2. Place the cornmeal, salt and basil in a medium bowl and mix well. Add the okra and stir until well coated with the mixture. Add the coated okra to the prepared baking dish.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, or until crispy, stirring occasionally. To make it especially crisp turn off the oven and let the okra set in the hot oven until dry.

Comments

Okara food is very delicious to eat in summer season because i am lover to eat such foods. I am happy to see your tasty recipes and i thanks to you for post this recipes information. I will try to make it and hope it will make mouth watering.

09/05/2016 7:43pm

Okra or lady's finger is very delicious. A lot of people don't like Okra for it's sliminess but for me it's the other way around. I like the slimy taste it has especially when partnered with a soy sauce dipping. This post surprised me because I do not know that it possible to make popcorns out of okra. I will make one soon. Good job!

12/03/2016 4:54am

Muscle XTX The four hundred m open-water swim. Muscle XTX By the point i completed my hands have been exhausted.

08/17/2016 1:40am

The first thing that I noticed was the increase in my affiliate sales, overall I would give them a 10 out of 10 because they delivered what they promised, it’s just great to know that I have an investment on a secure website like this, I am looking forward to a long term business relationship with payme0.com. Thank you for your continued great service.

Packers & Movers in Dubai - Madina Movers is Perfect Movers and Packers Company in Dubai and well known moving and relocation company in Dubai UAE."/>

Very Interesting !! I appreciate your blog its a interesting and it attract other peoples to read this blog.

12/20/2016 7:53am

I really think that this is a sweet recipe as a snacks for a beer or vodka. Would give it a try soon.

02/12/2017 11:42am

As per Professor Amitabh Kundu, dignitary of the School of Social Sciences at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, around 300 million individuals live in improper lodging conditions. Verifying Prof. Kundu's claim is the specialized gathering set up by the service.

02/19/2017 1:45pm

These are expenses required to close the advance including focuses, protection, investigations and title charges. To save money on shutting costs you may solicit the dealer to pay some from them, in which case the bank essentially adds that add up to the cost of the house and you fund them with the home loan

02/19/2017 2:51pm

All things considered, here are the certainties on that one. Of the gathered 400,000 families that should have been protected from abandonment, as of this report, roughly 400 credits (it's hard to believe, but it's true 400 aggregate) have been renegotiated. Industry administrators accurately called the program "pointless" in light of its grave subtle elements.

03/03/2017 9:34am

Nice article, thanks for sharing this information. Good to know that this topic is being covered also in this web site.

11/22/2017 12:19am

I've tried them and eat them mostly on weekends while watching movies.

Pop corns are love, and recommended for current weather, winters.