These little corn cakes are inspired by ones my mother used to make. They can be made in a hurry when you want corn bread and don't want to bother with baking. Always make sure to use organic corn and cornmeal to avoid GMO ingredients.
YIELD: About 12 corn cakes

1 cup fine cornmeal
1/3 cup garbanzo flour
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 to 4 tablespoons water or milk, as needed for pancake batter consistency
coconut oil, as needed

1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, garbanzo flour, corn, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar.
3. Add the liquid to the bowl with the cornmeal. Mix well and add enough of the extra water or milk to make a thick pancake-like batter.
4. Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet and drop the batter by the 1/4 cup into the skillet. Four corn cakes at a time. Cook until they are browned on the bottoms and turn over and cook until crispy. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve hot.

Comments

06/23/2016 5:59am

I can not wait to visit this pulpkitchen blog really very helpful and interesting site, thank you for updating with us. Really about vegan corn cakes very tasty and healthy I loved it a lot, keep it up.

08/28/2016 12:32am

I have been vegetarian for five years. Even so, I still ran out of ideas on what to cook for myself. Thank you so much for this article. You have given me an idea what to serve this weekend. Keep posting recipes. You will never know how far you go to help other people like me.

02/07/2017 7:25pm

Vegan Corn Cake looks really delicious, despite of being delicious, it is also healthy. Thank you for sharing this healthy recipe with us. I am glad that I found your blog. This is a perfect recipe for children to eat and adults to enjoy, and to have quality time together. Your recipe is so easy to understand it is clear and organize. The instruction is so easy to follow. I would love to try this recipe. Can't wait to read more. Keep posting!

07/22/2016 11:06am

Those cork cakes look very delicious. I am not an active vegan myself, but thinking of one of those would probably change my mind. It seems like the perfect mix of corn bread and sweet flavors. This is a perfect recipe for children to eat and adults to enjoy. Thank you for sharing with us, yet another recipe for a great delicacy.

Order birthday cakes delivered overnight, nationwide for your friends and loved ones - on time guaranteed!

12/20/2016 7:58am

I wonder is there are any meat cakes so you choose to call this one vegan? WTF?

Now its party time...!!

04/21/2017 3:12am

very interesting blog for sure I found it while looking for Lead Generation stuff surprisingly enough

09/19/2017 2:33pm